Tuesday, September 7, 2010

September 7, 2010

Can you feel it yet? Can you smell it yet? Can you see it? Autumn is coming! I have felt it and smelled it this past weekend. I feel the crispness in the air, I see the leaves starting to change color, I smell the change. This is my favorite time of year. I cant explain all of it but its there.

I think the best thing about being one with nature is that I feel the change in me. Its nothing that I can teach you, or even really explain, its just there. I have learned to listen to mother nature, I have learned to look and not just see. I have learned to smell the changes in the air. Its coming and its coming faster then I thought it would.

Now I know living in Iowa that the weather can change in a second. They say in most states, if you stay awhile the weather will change on ya and its true. This past year has been a strange year for the weather. We had a record amount of snow this past winter. Spring came much sooner and stayed longer then normal. Summer flew by, it really wasnt even here except for maybe a few weeks. Now autumn is here early. How do I know? I feel it.

These are the best days of the year for me so I'm going to enjoy it. In the next couple months I will be outside more then I already am. I will be taking more photos, more videos, and writing more. I get inspired more and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment