For the first time ever of writing blogs, and yes I have had other blogs then this one, I am starting to write the blog without a title. Why because I have no idea what to title this! lol
I have been reading the book "The Way of the Green Witch" but Arin Murphy-Hiscock. This is not a book review though since I have only read about 1/4 of the book. So far what I have read has hit home with me. For many years now I have been changing my path more and more and this book is making me review my path again. There are so many things about a green witch that ring true with me but that is for another blog.
In one section of the book it talks about the green witch's tools and how her journal is one of her tools. Now a journal is not a Book of Shadows even though they are very much alike. The green witch's journal will have recipes, how the weather was that day, what kind of gardening they did that day, observations of growing or the death of plants and animals and so much more. The journal is not meant to be perfect, its every day life.
I have started several journals over the years never to complete a single one. I have always thought what I wrote was stupid or nothing I said had any meaning. I look back now and wish I had wrote down what I had thought and what was happening in the world and around me, new things I had tried that was a sucess and what failed.
Since reading this in the book I have decided to start writing again in a journal but this time it is useful information that I can recall many years from now and look at what happened on a certain date and how my garden was doing and so many more things. I have bought a journal on Amazon the other day that I am excited to get. In the meantime I have already started to fill a journal out that I will then transfer what I have wrote into the new journal.
What I am writing is what I know, not things that I dream about or hope will come true like I used to write about as a little girl. This journal has weather conditions, the price of gas, earthquakes around the world, the outbreak of tornadoes right now and where they are, local events around me, what is growing and what is not. I even wrote a quote down of what I found in an old cookbook that I just bought on ebay, in fact it was a collection of cookbooks put on a disk that I can open up anytime I am on the computer! That is another blog I should write about. lol
I am excited about this journal, a journal I know I will keep up with. This is something that I want to keep so I can compare notes with next year at the begining of planting season.
So here I am at the end of the blog and still have no idea what to title this. Guess a simple date will have to do, not all blogs have to have a title right? Many blessings to you all!!
Saturday, April 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment